Page & Panel: The TCAF Shop is hiring! Retail Assistant Manager
Page & Panel: The TCAF Shop is hiring!
We are looking for a ~30 hour/week Retail Assistant Manager to help manage and guide the daily operations of our comic book / apparel / gift store, Page & Panel: The TCAF Shop, located at 789 Yonge Street!
Candidates should have retail supervisory or management experience as well as a strong understanding of the Comics publishing industry, ranging from Marvel, DC, and Image to Pantheon and Koyama Press. Other retail experience is also highly valued, as Page & Panel carries a wide range of apparel, stationery, gift, and other goods. The ideal candidate has several years’ experience working in book stores and/or comic shops.
Page & Panel: The TCAF Shop exists to further TCAF’s overall mandate:
- to promote the breadth and diversity of comics, and what is considered comics, as legitimate medium of literary and artistic worth. We seek to promote the creators of these works in their broad and diverse voices, for the betterment of the medium of comics and to reach as wide an audience as possible for them
Responsibilities would include:
- Delighting customers and building repeat business
- Merchandising planned and ad-hoc displays for multiple product lines
- Using our inventory management system, run restock reports and place reorders as appropriate
- Planning and overseeing in-store promotions and events
- Scheduling staff to maximize coverage within budget
- Assigning tasks and providing feedback and coaching to staff
- Working with the TCAF Managing Director to ensure Page & Panel meets fiscal and other goals
- Proven experience as retail manager or supervisor
- Knowledge of retail management best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizing and leadership skills
- Must be able to work most weekends and some evenings
- Knowledge of comics/book industry
- Flair for creative merchandising
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs
- Ability to speak/read/write/understand French, and/or Japanese, and/or other languages
- Experience working with non-profit and/or arts organizations
- Excel, photoshop, illustrator
Hourly wage is negotiable, within the means of our not-for-profit arts organization. This position would require you to work between 25 and 35 hours per week.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter on or before April 10th, 2017.